Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In New York
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in New York
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
According to the State of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, hazardous wastes of the following types may be managed as universal waste (UW):
- Batteries such as lead/acid, lead, nickel-cadmium, silver, lithium, lithium-ion, or mercury (Additional information about batteries can be found on DEC’s Rechargeable Battery Recycling Act page).
- Certain pesticides that would otherwise be a hazardous waste.
- Thermostats and other mercury-containing equipment (MCE) (Additional information about thermostats can be found on DEC’s Managing Mercury Thermostats page).
- Lamps such as fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), light-emitting diodes (LEDs), and mercury vapor lamps. (Additional information about lamps can be found on DEC’s Hazardous Waste Lamp page).
At a glance:
- Recycling fluorescent lamps IS required by the State of New York
- Crushing fluorescent bulbs is NOT allowed in New York
- Pre-paid mail back recycling IS allowed in the state of New York
Need Recycling Containers for New York?
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in New York
Consumers can dispose of single bulbs at local recycling centers or at some big box retailers. BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of New York. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps, bulbs, CFLs, and batteries from all the regions throughout the state. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
Fluorescent Bulb Recycling Kits
- Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit’s price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
- Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
- When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
New York has recycling education programs.
At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of New York. We support Fluorescent lamp recycling and disposal from all the regions throughout the state. These areas include: Capital District, Central New York, Finger Lakes, the Hudson Valley, Long Island, Mohawk Valley, New York City, North Country, Southern Tier, and Western New York. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling disposal of lamps or bulbs in your area.
Our Most Popular Products
4ft Fluorescent Lamp JUMBO Recycling Box (Holds 68 T12 or 147 T8 Lamps)Product on sale
8ft Fluorescent Lamp JUMBO Recycling Box (Holds 25 T12 or 57 T8 lamps)Product on sale
5 Gallon Ballast Recycling Bucket (holds up to 22 NON-PCB Standard Ballasts or 55 lbs)$104.00
4ft Fluorescent Lamp STANDARD Recycling Box (Holds 30 T12 or 60 T8 Lamps)$79.99
4ft Fluorescent Lamp Jumbo Recycling Box 10-PACK (Holds 680 T12 or 1,470 T8 lamps)Product on sale
U-Bend, HID, & Misc. Lamp Disposal Container (Holds 46 T12 or 80 T8 U-Bend or 60 400watt HID) Jumbo$139.99
Thanks for the super quick delivery and great customer service. BulbCycle always comes through when we need them.
BulbCycle’s kits are easy to use and return shipping is included. What a deal!
Fantastic customer service. Very easy for my crew to put the bulbs into the boxes when we’re uninstalling them.
Cities Serviced by BulbCycle in New York:
Albany Amsterdam Auburn Batavia Beacon Binghamton Buffalo Canandaigua Cohoes Corning Cortland Dunkirk Elmira Fulton Geneva Glen Cove Glens Falls Gloversville Hornell Hudson Ithaca Jamestown Johnstown Kingston Lackawanna Little Falls Lockport Long Beach Mechanicville Middletown Mount Vernon New Rochelle New York City Newburgh Niagara Falls North Tonawanda Norwich Ogdensburg Olean Oneida Oneonta Oswego Peekskill Plattsburgh Port Jervis Poughkeepsie Rensselaer Rochester Rome Rye Salamanca Saratoga Springs Schenectady Sherrill Syracuse Tonawanda Troy Utica Watertown Watervliet White Plains Yonkers Counties Serviced by BulbCycle in New York Albany Bronx, Kings, New York,Queens, and Richmond Broome Cattaraugus Cayuga Chautauqua Chemung Chenango Clinton Columbia Cortland Dutchess Erie Fulton Genesee Herkimer Jefferson Madison Monroe Montgomery Nassau Niagara Oneida Onondaga Ontario Ontario[A] Orange Oswego Otsego Rensselaer Saratoga Schenectady St. Lawrence Steuben Tompkins Ulster Warren Westchester