Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In Maine
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in the State of Maine
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Maine. We support Fluorescent lamp recycling and disposal from all the regions throughout the state. We help all regions in the state.
- Store unbroken waste lamps in closed, structurally sound packages marked with Universal Waste Lamps, Waste Lamps, or Used Lamps.
- Maintain documentation, by either marking the date on which waste lamps were first placed into storage or any other method that clearly demonstrates the length of time the lamps have been stored, showing that the waste fluorescent lamps have not been stored for longer than one year.
- Train employees in proper handling and emergency procedures.
- Clean up broken lamps.
- Ensure lamps are delivered to a facility that can recycle them, or to another facility authorized to receive the lamps.”
At a glance:
- Recycling fluorescent lamps IS required by the State of of Maine
- Crushing fluorescent bulbs is NOT allowed in Maine
- Pre-paid mail back recycling IS allowed in the state of Maine
Need Recycling Containers for Maine?
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in Maine
Purchase one of our easy to use recycling kits! BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Maine. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps, bulbs, CFLs, and batteries from all the regions throughout the state.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
Fluorescent Bulb Recycling Kits
- Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit’s price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
- Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
- When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
Our Most Popular Products
4ft Fluorescent Lamp LARGE Recycling Box (Holds 68 T12 or 146 T8 Lamps)$129.99
LARGE 8ft Fluorescent Lamp Recycling Box (Holds 25 T12 Lamps or 57 T8 Lamps)$169.99
5 Gallon Ballast Recycling Bucket (holds up to 22 NON-PCB Standard Ballasts or 55 lbs)$139.99
4ft Fluorescent Lamp MEDIUM Recycling Box (Holds 30 T12 or 72 T8 Lamps)$99.99
4ft Fluorescent Lamp LARGE Recycling Box 10-PACK (Holds 680 T12 or 1,460 T8 lamps)$1,249.99
Large U-Tube (U-Bend) HID Lamp Recycling Box (Holds 46 T12 or 81 T8 U-Bend or 60 400watt HID)$159.99
Maine has many environmental laws.
From the Maine Department of Environmental Protection in Maine:
“Mercury is a significant environmental problem in Maine. To help address this concern, Maine law requires businesses and consumers to recycle all mercury-added light bulbs (a.k.a. “lamps”). When one of these bulbs breaks, mercury is released. For that reason, it is illegal to throw mercury-added bulbs in the trash in Maine.”
Thanks for the super quick delivery and great customer service. BulbCycle always comes through when we need them.
BulbCycle’s kits are easy to use and return shipping is included. What a deal!
Fantastic customer service. Very easy for my crew to put the bulbs into the boxes when we’re uninstalling them.