Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In California
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs
According to the California CalRecycle regulations "Universal waste typically has hazardous characteristics and must be handled with care. Lamps such as fluorescent light tubes contain mercury vapor that releases into the environment if the glass is broken. Many batteries contain acid and toxic metals such as lead. These items can be managed and recycled as universal waste, but cannot be disposed to a landfill. "No one in California is allowed to discard their fluorescent lamps and batteries as nonhazardous solid waste (as ordinary trash) "
At a glance:
- Recycling fluorescent lamps IS required by the State of California
- Crushing fluorescent bulbs is NOT allowed in California
- Pre-paid mail back recycling IS allowed in the state of California
Need Recycling Containers for California?
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in California
Consumers can dispose of single bulbs at local recycling centers or at some big box retailers. BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of California. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps bulbs CFL and batteries from all the regions throughout the state. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
Fluorescent Bulb Recycling Kits
1. Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit's price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
2. Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
3. When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
California is a very large state with 38 million people It is located on the West Coast of the United States and is bordered by Oregon to the north; Nevada and Arizona to the east; Mexico to the south; and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
Many world-renowned companies reside in California: Chevron (San Ramon); Apple (Cupertino); Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto); Wells Fargo (San Francisco); Google (Mountain View); The Walt Disney Company (Burbank); Safeway (Pleasanton); Ingram Micro (Santa Ana); Facebook (Menlo Park); eBay, Inc. (San Jose); Western Digital Corporation (Irvine); The Gap (San Francisco); Tesla Motors, Inc. (Palo Alto); Yahoo! Inc. (Sunnyvale); Intuit (Mountain View); Netflix (Los Gatos); Adobe Systems, Incorporated (San Jose); and more.