Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In Georgia
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
Recycling of lamp (bulb) components is the recommended method of disposal by the Environmental Protection Agency and helps to minimize facility liability. Packaging of bulbs properly coupled with recycling of the bulbs will greatly reduce the mercury dilemma and create a much safer environment.
According to the Georgia Department of Environmental Management, "Universal waste typically has hazardous characteristics and must be handled with care. Lamps such as fluorescent light tubes contain mercury vapor that releases into the environment if the glass is broken. Many batteries contain acid and toxic metals such as lead. These items can be managed and recycled as universal waste, but cannot be disposed to a landfill. " "Transporters must comply with applicable DOT requirements. Storage of hazardous waste or universal waste at a transfer facility is limited to 10 days or less."
At a glance:
- Recycling fluorescent bulbs is highly recommended by the Georgia Department of Environmental Management and is required for many facilities throughout the state
- Prepaid bulb recycling by mail is permitted in Georgia
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in Florida
Consumers can dispose of single bulbs at local recycling centers or at some big box retailers. BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Georgia. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps bulbs CFL and batteries from all the regions throughout the state. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
Georgia is located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is near the Gulf of Mexico to the west, South Carolina and Tennessee to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the east, and Florida to the south.
Major companies headquartered here include:
- The Home Depot.
- United Parcel Service.
- Randstad North America.
- Delta Air Lines.
- The Coca-Cola Company.
- Cox Media Group.
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
1. Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit's price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
2. Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
3. When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
Fluorescent Bulb Recycling Kits
CFL Recycling Kits
LED Recycling Kits
Thanks for the super quick delivery and great customer service. BulbCycle always comes through when we need them.
BulbCycle's kits are easy to use and return shipping is included. What a deal!
Fantastic customer service. Very easy for my crew to put the bulbs into the boxes when we're uninstalling them.