Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In Iowa
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
Recycling of lamp (bulb) components is the recommended method of disposal by the Environmental Protection Agency and helps to minimize facility liability. Packaging of bulbs properly coupled with recycling of the bulbs will greatly reduce the mercury dilemma and create a much safer environment.
According to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources "Common household materials can be hazardous when not handled or disposed of properly Improper handling or disposal of used fluorescent and high density discharge lamps damages the environment. When broken, these lamps release mercury and other metals that damage the environment. In addition, The Iowa Department of Environmental Management Office of Program states used lamps are collected as municipal waste and disposed in a solid waste landfill the possibility exists that the mercury they contain may be released into the landfill's leach and then potentially migrate out the the landfill. "
Iowa DNR Customer Service:
At a glance:
- Because of mercury concerns, recycling fluorescent bulbs is highly recommended by the Iowa EPA and is required for many facilities throughout the state
- Crushing fluorescent bulbs is allowed in Iowa are considered universal waste in Iowa
- Prepaid recycling by mail is allowed in Iowa If you would like to pay buy invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Iowa. We support Fluorescent lamp recycling and disposal from all the regions throughout the state. These areas include: North Iowa, Central Iowa, Southeast Iowa, and the other regions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in Iowa
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
Consumers can dispose of single bulbs at local recycling centers or at some big box retailers. BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Iowa. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps bulbs CFL and batteries from all the regions throughout the state. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
If you would like to pay buy invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
1. Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit's price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
2. Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
3. When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.
Fluorescent Bulb Recycling Kits
CFL Recycling Kits
LED Recycling Kits
Thanks for the super quick delivery and great customer service. BulbCycle always comes through when we need them.
BulbCycle's kits are easy to use and return shipping is included. What a deal!
Fantastic customer service. Very easy for my crew to put the bulbs into the boxes when we're uninstalling them.