Fluorescent & LED Bulb Recycling In Alabama
Why Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs
Recycling of lamp (bulb) components is the recommended method of disposal by the Environmental Protection Agency and helps to minimize facility liability. Packaging of bulbs properly coupled with recycling of the bulbs will greatly reduce the mercury dilemma and create a much safer environment.
According to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management, "Business, industry, and other institutions generating more than 100 kilograms (~220 pounds) of hazardous waste in a calendar month have two options for managing their hazardous lamps: 1) Manage them as hazardous waste according to the applicable regulations found in ADEM Admin. Code chapter 335-14-3; or 2) Manage them as universal waste according to the applicable regulations found in ADEM Admin. Code chapter 335-14-11. Refer to ADEM’s Small Quantity Generator Hazardous Waste Handbook for further information regarding the management of hazardous waste and universal waste generated by small quantity generators and very small quantity generators."
At a glance:
- Recycling fluorescent bulbs is highly recommended by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management and is required for many facilities throughout the state
- Crushing fluorescent bulbs is permitted in Alabama
- Prepaid bulb recycling by mail is permitted in Alabama
Please Note: If you are a residential customer and have less than 40 bulbs, contact your local city hall and ask if your city has drop off locations for its residents to dispose of light bulbs.
Where To Recycle CFL & LED Bulbs in Alabama
Consumers can dispose of single bulbs at local recycling centers or at some big box retailers. BulbCycle offers an enterprise-focused solution for businesses for bulk disposal. At BulbCycle Light Bulb Recycling and Disposal, we work with government, private companies, hospitals, banks, retail stores, schools, and colleges throughout all of the state of Alabama. We provide recycling and disposal for Fluorescent lamps bulbs CFL and batteries from all the regions throughout the state. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (858) 412-6536 with any questions regarding recycling lamps or bulbs in your area.
How BulbCycle’s Process Works
1. Our pre-paid recycling program is for lamps/bulbs, exit signs, ballasts, batteries, electronics and thermostats. Each kit's price includes a container, all shipping costs to the recycling center, recycling costs and a certificate of recycling. You should receive your container(s) in 3-8 business days or less once ordered. You have one year to return them to us. On the website businesses can choose which containers will best serve their needs. Containers are available for fluorescent lamps, CFLs, ballasts, batteries, electronics, and thermostats.
2. Once the containers have been received a business can fill them up at their own pace. Each container is pre-printed with simple step-by-step instructions in both English and Spanish.
3. When a container is filled and sealed, the business can call the FedEx phone number that comes on each box to schedule a pre-paid pickup from their location. The filled container will be delivered for recycling to one of BulbCycle’s permitted facilities located within the United States.
If you would like to pay by invoice with net payment terms and purchase orders please ask our representatives for our vendor program forms.